Some of the questions we receive is where the money that the MMA raises goes towards. Here is a list of expenditures in the last 12 months:
- Mats for Messmore gym – $1,200
- Grants for 3 teachers to attend a Montessori conference – $3000 ($1000 ea.)
- Author visit – Marie Dismontly – $672
- Friendship benches for playground – $1,862
- UCS Foundation for Education (Career Focus) – $200
- MI Montessori Teacher Education Workshop (11 teachers) – $2,475
- Printers for school, cricut machine, and cartridges – $1,077
- Chick Moorman lecture event – $1,068
- Teacher allocations (used for classroom supplies) $100/teacher
- Teachers are reimbursed up to $100 with receipts
The MMA doesn’t have an ‘operating budget’ used for meetings or whatnot. We have bought supplies as needed for events, paper for copies to be sent home, and other materials. However, no money is used to conduct the meetings.
If you have any questions, please let us know!