October 9, 2015
Present: Ray Kleinberg, Debra Schoonfield, Kozeta Elzhenni, Raja Charabuddi, and Mr. Zott
Guests: Amy O’Brien, Beth McKenna, Natalie, Stephanie, Jennifer
I. Call to Order; 7:03PM
II. Pledge of Allegiance
III. Secretary’s Report:
A. September’s Minutes were reviewed without corrections
- B. A motion was made by Chase Wade and seconded by Ray Kleinberg to accept the minutes. The motion received unanimous consent
- A. Account Balance: $25,123
- B. Initial Deposit from Entertainment Books – $3930
- C. Conference funds raised: $1206 cash, $322 in PayPal
- D. Melina Larocca completed the IRS requirements to change the MMA’s 501(c)(3) status to a private foundation.
- E. A parent who is a CPA will help with this year’s forms and reports.
- A. Entertainment books are complete.
- B. Many people signed up for committees at the open house, however there are still many committees that need chairpersons and/or co-chairpersons.
- C. The parking lot committee has been working hard to improve the traffic flow and safety in the morning and afternoons. There are still opportunities to volunteer.
- D. The Fun Run’s theme is The Halloween Hustle. The Fun Run is one of the largest fundraisers of the year. See www.messmoremontessori.org/funrun for more information. An allocation request was made by Amy O’brien in the amount of $278 to rent an inflatable obstacle course. A motion was made by Chase Wade and seconded by Kozeta Elzhenni to grant the allocation. The motion received unanimous consent
- A. Ray Kleinberg recommended doing a newsletter from the MMA approximately two weeks after each meeting. The idea was supported.
- B. There are parking lot signs already made that need to be installed
- C. A disbursement of $2500 for the principal’s account was discussed. A motion was made by Ray Kleinberg and seconded by Kozeta Elzhenni to grant the allocation. The motion received unanimous consent
- D. Allocations of $150 for each teacher was discussed. A motion was made by Ray Kleinberg and seconded by Kozeta Elzhenni to grant the allocation. The motion received unanimous consent
- E. Scholastic News was discussed and tabled.
- F. Mr. Zott discussed the extracurricular activities and teams and programs such as the Lego Team, Math-letes, etc.
- A. New families to the school were concerned about the pace of fundraising. It was discussed to better communicate what to expect in terms of fundraising to new families.
- B. Multiple comments were offered on the value of a Messmore education.
Respectfully submitted by: Chase Wade, Secretary